People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.