People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.