A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.