Here’s the basic info about bipolar disorder mania. It’s MANIA 101!
I’ve decided to label mania each time I talk about it. All of the different terms we use can be confusing, dysphoric, mixed and euphoric, for example!
People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.