“She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom.” ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
Why do we stress ourselves out? Why is it that being productive and getting tasks done is more important than healing and taking the time to feel calm?
Stress and anxiety can affect our lives in so many different ways. A few yea…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.