This is a guest post from Regan at Fix My Broken Mind, a site that focussing on rebuilding your well being from the ground up.
The benefits of building a better body stretch far beyond looking good and inflating our egos.
Through lifting weights and exercising we are able to improve our lives on more fundamental levels than one.
Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.