“Avoiding all stress isn’t the answer to fighting aging; it’s about building resiliency to environmental stress.”
– Rhonda Patrick
Rhonda Patrick, PhD, (@foundmyfitness) is an American biochemist and scientist. She first appeared on this podcast back in episode twelve, and whether you want to extend life, inexpe…
People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.