“Masses are rude, lame, unmade, pernicious in their demands and influence… I wish not to concede anything to them, but to tame, drill, divide, and break them up, and draw individuals out of them.”
“When you adopt the standards and the values of someone else,” Eleanor Roosevelt wrote in her timeless meditation on happiness and conformi…
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.