Here is an example the BipolarHappens.com Newsletter
Today’s Topic: Bipolar Disorder and Paranoid Delusions
by Julie A. Fast
Paranoia is a type of psychosis called a delusion. A de…
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.