Hi everyone! This is my third week sharing coloring pages from the soon-to-be-released Tiny Buddha’s Gratitude Journal (available for pre-order now.) Previously, I shared the nature coloring page and the vacation coloring page.
This one’s a no-brainer for me. Though I could live without it (did it…
People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.