“All creative people feel that the source of their creativity comes from the same room as their deepest pain.”
Most know Marie Curie (November 7, 1867–July 4, 1934) as a trailblazing scientist — a pioneer of radioactivity, the first woman to receive the Nobel Prize, and to this day the only person to win two Nobels in two different sci…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.