“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” ~Dalai Lama
One of the biggest challenges in life seems to be the attainment of happiness. Everyone wants to be happy (or so they say). But what does happiness truly mean, and how do we not only find it, but embrace and maintain i…
Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.