One thing that mental illness is really good at is making a person feel isolated an…
People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.