It’s not that hard to take some time off to get better if you suffer from a broken leg or nasty flu. However, when you are battling with mental health issues, recovery can be much trickier. You can’t take a magic pill and simply ‘resting at home’ won’t necessarily change the situation.
What can you do when you are depressed and the corporate world is sti…
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.