Drug addiction is a very serious disorder that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Once an individual becomes addicted to an illicit substance (or even a prescribed medication from a doctor), they often lose complete control over their choices and habits.
This is why it can be so painful to witness drug addiction happen in your life, not just for the person str…
A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.