“No man has been shattered by the blows of Fortune unless he was first deceived by her favours.”
“Grief, when it comes, is nothing like we expect it to be,” …
Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.