People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.