“The broken hearted are the bravest among us—they dare to love.” ~Brené Brown, Rising Strong
Are you finished grieving your breakup and want to get over your ex once and for all?
Don’t get me wrong. Grieving is important. Actually, it’s imperative.
But there is such thing as grieving for too long….
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.