A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.