No New Blog Posts This Week
I am not posting any new blog posts this week. My content team and I are taking the week off so we can rest and recharge after an intense season.
Margin matters, and it’s a big part of our value system at my company. We want to affirm (and model) the importance of time away for rejuvenation. I look forward to conne…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.