A timeless case against human solipsism and a clarion call for non-egocentric curiosity about the nature of reality.
“Who indeed will set bounds to hum…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.