A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.