Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.