“Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here.” ~Marianne Williamson
As babies, we know nothing about the world. In the universe of an infant, there are no norms to follow, no rigid rules and regulations; no room for labeling or judging ourselves and others. We don’t yet know to disapprove of ourselve…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.