“Some people think that it’s holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it’s letting go.” ~Unknown
Sometimes we prolong relationships for the sake of comfort and familiarity. We’re fearful of what’s out there, and life without a partner. No matter how many times we’ve been hurt, taken for granted, o…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.