“One of the scariest things in our lives is actually doing what we know we want to do.”
– Cheryl Strayed
If you’re interested in the creative process of a famed author, jumpstarting your own creation, note taking, list making, or…
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.