“You cannot study Japanese art … without becoming much gayer and happier.”
In February of 1888, a decade after a winding road took him to his purpose, Vincent van Gogh (March 30, 1853–July 29, 1890) moved to the town of Arles in the South of France, where he found himself enchanted by the landscape and the quality of light. So beg…
A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.