“Use your precious moments to live life fully every single second of every single day.” ~Marcia Wieder
I recently came back from an amazing vacation overseas with my family. All of our travel went smoothly, everyone stayed healthy, and there wasn’t any drama or conflict among family members. Other than one flight being d…
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.