It’s no secret that being addicted to anything can be a real problem in your life. Some of the negative impacts of addiction may include medical conditions, loss of relationships and much more. However, if you work hard at it, you can overcome any addiction that you may have. Studies do show 23 million Americans age 12 and older suffer from drug or alcohol addiction.
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.