A humbling celestial reflection on what enlarges the minuteness of human life with meaning against the vast backdrop of the universe.
At the end of the nineteenth century, well before women could vote, a team of female astronomers at the Harvard College Observatory known as the Harvard Computers made calculations and discoveries that became the basis for Edwin Hubble’s eponymous law demonstrating that the universe is expanding — one of the most revolutionary scientific breakthro…
Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.