It stands to reason that what we eat and how we eat affects how we feel and how we think. There is even the potential that eating right can lead to positive thinking. For example, when we eat clean, healthy raw foods, we cleanse our body of toxins which often means we can think more clearly. The simple mindfulness of healthy eating may help us get rid of nega…
A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.