A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.