Bipolar disorder and marijuana education: What is dabbing? One of the top concerns I see in bipolar disorder management today is marijuana and dabbing.
The use of high THC pot is linked to an increase in psychosis and mania in those of us with bipolar disorder. The highest concentrate of THC when people use weed is creatin…
Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.