People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.