A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.