A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.