5 Steps to Give Your Organization a Personnel Push
Leaders frequently tell me they have a hard time recruiting great people to join their organizations. When I ask about their hiring process, I often find one missing element: sales.
Recruiting great people is similar to any kind of sales process. Your company i…
Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.