Thinking about death is often something that we try to avoid at all costs, but could there be a psychological benefit to it?
There’s an emerging concept in psychology known as Terror Management Theory (TMT) that explores how humans respond to the prospect of death.
According to the theory, the thought of death often presents a psychological conflic…
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.