“The fundamental fallacy of utopianism is to assume that everyone wants to live in the same utopia.”
In her memoir, the trailblazing astr…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.