Working to be the best you can be at any stage of life is sure to be ideal. This can allow you to feel your best and lead a life that is of the highest quality in the process. The good news is that this can be done with the right amount of effort and discipline. By simply taking a long look at the things that may be toxic that can hinder your desire to improve and getting ri…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.