I didn’t know what to expect when I packed my suitcase.
I was nervous. Having read countless articles about the Philippines, I had a clear picture in mind. And this picture wasn’t particularly beautiful.
I knew that some cities in this country have more bars than houses. Oh, and I also knew that a majority of the population of the Philippines li…
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.