“If you want to be happy, don’t do something you don’t like. Don’t say something you don’t mean. Pretending and lying to yourself will only breed unhappiness.” ~Michael Lee
Do you like your job? Do you love your partner? Are you happy? You may answer yes to these questions, but is that what you believe deep d…
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.