If helping others helps depression, what is something you can do from the depths of depression to help someone in need?
– You don’t have to feel good about helping someone.
– You don’t have to be motivated.
– You don’t have…
A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.