“Ships don’t sink because of the water around them; ships sink because of the water that gets in them. Don’t let what’s happening around you get inside you and weigh you down.” ~Unknown
Do you ever feel like your life is a rollercoaster?
One second, you’re on top of the world. The next, you’re d…
People have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.