“We are our stories, stories that can be both prison and the crowbar to break open the door of that prison.”
“To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men,” th…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.