This is a question I hear ever time I give a talk on bipolar disorder and mental health in general. My answer always surprises people.
I believe we help others find stability by stating our needs clearly along with the message that all relationships are reciprocal.
Then, the person can decide to listen o…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.