“If you are giving back, it’s because you’ve taken too much.”
– Ricardo Semler
Ricardo Semler (@ricardosemler) is the former CEO of Semco Partners, a Brazilian company best known perhaps for its radical form of industrial democracy and corporat…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.