Click here for my complete collection of qu…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.