A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.