(And What That Means for Your Impact in the World)
Productivity doesn’t just increase your efficiency. If you do it right, it can also increase your income. The problem is that traditional systems get productivity all wrong.
They define productivity as the ability to do more and do it faster. But that approac…
A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.